This blog is a notebook for me to record statements around the issues:
is it art?
what is art?
if it is art, is it good art?
What is good art?
Why do people do things that we/they call artBecause it is my own blog and notebook, I reserve the right to be incoherent and disorganized. Having said that, I welcome comments that further the enquiry from people who can tolerate this.
these thoughts struck me as I began to follow the course above:
- human beings are special, have a divine spark that is above the scientific reality of what they are
- human beings are not special are totally subject to scientific, objective laws and are nothing beyond that
- study of machine aesthetics, the relationship between human aesthetics – human made art and machine made art and machine-aided human made art
- machine made art has something missing? I feel this sometimes – need to extend my range of experience. Ie I do not get the wow experience
- if i can define explain what is missing i may move closer to expanding commenting on statements 1 and 2